To provide basic and advanced knowledge and skills among civil engineering students so as to meet the changing industrial and research needs to become the acknowledged leader in civil engineering.
- To provide education in the field of civil engineering and guide them towards technical advancement
- To impart essential skills to the students and enhance their employable potential and entrepreneurial capabilities
- To educate the student in solving problems related to interdisciplinary fields
- To nurture leadership skills with social consciousness to act professionally and ethically
- Extend engineering knowledge through creative, innovative projects and research so as to promote consultancy for industrial and social needs.
- To use modern engineering tools and appropriate teaching techniques for modeling, analyzing and designing the real world problems
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates will have fundamental technical knowledge in their domain and contribute to the development of various disciplines of civil engineering such as Structural engineering, Construction management, Environmental engineering by continuous education.
- Graduates will apply the fundamentals of science (Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry) in engineering and be capable of teaming with multi-disciplinary professionals to analyze, design and execute projects in the field for obtaining solutions to emerging technical problems.
- Graduates will exhibit effective communication, leadership, problem solving and decision-making skills by understanding contemporary issues in industry and contribute to overall personality and career development.
- Graduates will be proficient in academics and a segment of our graduates will pursue higher studies and involve in research and development in the various branches of civil engineering.
- Graduates shall ensure sustainable development through lifelong learning and be socially responsible.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcome
- Able to apply the engineering fundamentals to analyze and design the various structural components.
- Able to cater to the changing industrial needs and capable of developing green concepts for different applications.
- Able to understand the necessity of Civil Engineering solutions in a economical, environmental and societal context.